This project is read-only.

SimpleLongListSelector binding

Mar 31, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Hi Shawn, better to use this media than twits.

I like this project and believe it can improve WP7 apps. So my opinions are good-intended (and personal, of course). I focus on SimpleLongListSelector.

I like the idea of simplifying the use of LongListSelector. But your proposal is very concrete so it's narrow and not for general use. Correct me if my sentences are wrong, I just have been for 1 hour fighting with this control.

First, I see this control is only for grouping. Why don't call it GroupLongListSelector?

Working with MVVM is difficult due to the required method SetGroupingItemsSource. I would like to set ItemsSource and SelectedItem via Binding, maybe with an IEnumerable<IGrouping<...>>.

And also I would like to set a Dictionary like languages: {{"es", "Spanish"}, {"en", "English"}} and use it for Display and for Value, as in ComboBox. But this is by far the more personal proposition, so I'm not sure it must be included as it is not included in Toolkit.

Thanks for your work, I'm sincerelly trying to use and improve your amazing library.

Mar 31, 2011 at 1:15 AM

No worries.  I am open to simplifying your scenarios if they simplify LongListSelector. Feel free to send me a patch (here or on the Source Code page) and i'll review it and include it.

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:26 AM

I'll try to work on that and submit changes as fork, right? It's my first time working with CodePlex, but not with Hg, so I hope it'll be easy.

I'm looking at extension point on LongListSelector and discuss it with you by this Discussion.

Jul 14, 2011 at 2:23 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2011 at 2:23 AM

a